Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Move to https in July - how and when?

In April Zenfolio announced that the move of our sites to HTTPS would be happening in July.
Well, it's July now, so I would like to receive an update, and I also have a few important questions about this.

I learned that moving to HTTPS means that Google sees your site as a complete NEW URL.
This can mean that your (new) site (temporarily) looses it's good placement in Google search.
Do we need to send a new sitemap to Google in order to speed up the ranking process ?

Will the transfer be an abrupt one, or will both sites http/https BOTH exist next to eachother ? For how long?

If the old site ceases to exist, does this mean that every link you ever sent to your clients stops working ?
Do we need to add the S to every existing hyperlink on our website?

Moving to a new URL might also mean that you loose all 5-star reviews you ever received on Google.
So I suppose we need to do a Reviews Transfer Request with Google ?

Will there be some kind of tutorial of what to do when the HTTPS move is implemented?

When will the move be? Is this a different date for every website? Will we be notified BEFORE the move?

Sorry for this list of questions, but this is important for all of us …

Comments

• Jeff SmithJeff Smith Sugarcreek Township, OH 45370Member Posts: 8
    I logged into this forum for the same issue. Looking for an update as of 10 Jul 2018.
    v/r

Jeff Smith
    www.ArtofFrozenTime.com
  • Following this thread, waiting for a response.
  • Also checking in for an update.
  • Finchley ThompsonFinchley Thompson Member Posts: 16
    Just leaving a comment so as to get notified of updates to these questions
  • I even emailed their "customer support" earlier this week, asking if they had any information regarding this topic. I have yet to hear back from them, with out so much as letting me know there is no new news. This lack of communication on such an important topic has led me to take my business elsewhere.
  • AnykaAnyka Member Posts: 10
    Glad I'm not the only one worrying about this!
  • Jeff SmithJeff Smith Sugarcreek Township, OH 45370Member Posts: 8
    You all probably received the same note today but thought I'd share just in case....

As announced earlier this year, we have been hard at work making improvements to your website! Specifically, in the coming weeks we will be enabling HTTPS security protocols for all accounts.

Zenfolio will provide and configure SSL certificates at no additional cost for all websites regardless of the domain name.

If you use a custom domain we highly encourage you to Test Your Domain before July 26 to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible. If you see any alerts, please review our best practice doc here and, if needed, make the required changes at your domain registrar. If your settings pass the test you do not need to take any action. If you use a username.zenfolio domain you do not need to take any action.

What are the benefits of moving to HTTPS?
    • Browsers will no longer display Not Secure warnings when viewing your site.
    • Client information will be even more secure than it is now.
    • Google uses HTTPS as a positive website signal.
    • Potential improvements to overall Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
    • Clients are more comfortable sharing information when visiting secure sites.
    You can learn more about HTTPS in this FAQ, or contact our Customer Support team with questions.

Sincerely,
    The Zenfolio Team
    v/r

Jeff Smith
    www.ArtofFrozenTime.com
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    Thank you all for your continued patience while we make these important updates!

We aim to enable the Https protocol on all Zenfolio domains and custom domains by the end of this month, so please be sure to check your domain here before July 26th.

We also have an FAQ and Best Practices Guide that we encourage you all to take a look at.

If you need additional assistance ensuring your domain is set up correctly, or if you have any questions in general, please be sure to contact our Support Team for additional assistance.