Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Images upload but are not showing

I am able to upload the images fine, but some do not show up in the gallery and just have the spinning wheel of death where the image should be. I have checked the size (2MB or under), reloading those images, and created a whole new gallery.
My client cannot see certain images but I can. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• My website seems to be troubled today. A hour or so ago it was down, I was getting a server was reset error. By the time I checked Zenfolio status and browsed topics here it was loading and I thought all was set, until I actually tried to view a photo. All of my gallery pages are just showing black squares for the thumbnails and the photos never load when selected.
  • Same here. Several hours after uploading SOME images show a spinning wheel in back and front end. Completely ridiculous.
  • paigepaige Member Posts: 38
    Im having the same problem and am really frustrated - have contacted support like12 times and they aren't fixing - this is not good!
  • Same problem. Shocking that they have not fixed it. No hint of a problem on the status page either
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    Hi All,

We've experienced some image thumbnail rendering delays, and our engineers are monitoring this.

If you continue to see this issue, please contact our Support Team directly, along with the affected gallery link so that they can take a look.
  • I've been trying to upload a gallery of 40 photos for the better part of 2 hours now, it (slowly) uploaded about 25 of them, the remaining ones get to about 99% before stopping, get a message saying "Connection from server lost", all of the unfinished uploads start over, 1 or 2 finish successfully, the rest freeze at 99% again, disconnect, repeat process over and over. Should have been able to upload them all in <2 minutes, now it's becoming an all day issue. My client is hounding me to get these pictures to them and it's getting ridiculous at this point
  • SueGSueG Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2018
    I left Zen for selling and went to n-vu after they destroyed the shopping cart usability, but kept the lowest priced account as an online jpeg backup- it isnt even working for that anymore. Shot a wedding yesterday, tried to upload 800 culled, unedited jpegs today, no more than 20 MB each, and it tells me it will take something like 500 days to upload!! My connection is fast and this used to take a couple of hours at most a few years ago. Beginning to believe that the company formerly known as Zenfolio has been taken over by a bunch of crooks who take our money and provide absolutely zero, nada, nothing at all in return. Absolutely worthess.

why this can't be fixed once and for all. I have sent at least 30 emails to zen and they are nice about responding for sure, but the engineers can't seem to fix. Normally I load lets say 300 not large photos onto a gallery and it takes a couple of minutes - NOT 45!!!! and then the images don't snap in or populate - simply a spinning wheel. Please zenfolio can you correct this?
    why this can't be fixed once and for all. I have sent at least 30 emails to zen and they are nice about responding for sure, but the engineers can't seem to fix. Normally I load lets say 300 not large photos onto a gallery and it takes a couple of minutes - NOT 45!!!! and then the images don't snap in or populate - simply a spinning wheel. Please zenfolio can you correct this?
    Can't zen fix this
    ungodly hours to load - engineers were to have fixed the problem - but it is not yet fixed.
  • Going on 5 days and this issue is still not resolved. Terrible.
  • The Zenfolio status page says it's resolved, but I tried with both wifi and mobile LTE connection and both didn't load.

The problem is not resolved. Please advise.
  • Barbara JonesBarbara Jones Member Posts: 38
    Images upload, but are slow. An issue that has existed for a long time ! However, far worse, clicking on ANY thumbnail within ALL Galleries should take me to the Shop / Photo page but all I see is the spinning wheel of Death, no links, no pictures, nothing. Meaning it is impossible for any potential client to buy anything. This happens on my PC, iPad, and Samsung Android tablet. I have done the usual clear cache, sign out, restart PC etc., to no avail. Going into customise mode to see if I can spot a problem there results in the same behaviour. Emailed Support several times, who have been as much use as a chocolate teapot. Zenfolio has become a joke !
    I am not getting ANY images to load when a thumbnail is clicked on in EVERY gallery ! Several emails to Support "We are not sure what is causing the problem".......hopeless !
    Investigating this problem myself further, I tried an upload, with the spinning wheel of death appearing, BUT upon resizing the thumbs to Medium or Small within Organiser, Old and New version, results in the image appearing ! NOT on the actual website though.
    Also if I go to a private client gallery, accessed by a password, where I have no Buy / Shop option, clicking on any thumb behaves exactly as it should, with an enlarged picture appearing.
    Still nothing from Support, and site status declares no incidents reported !!!
  • I understand issues like this happen, I worked in IT all my life and no matter what you do, problems like this will happen. But the lack of response about this is what's fundamentally wrong about this issue, I have contacted support twice and received no reply, and I tweeted to their twitter account twice and still no reply. This lack of response with no timeframes and progress on resolving this issue is, simply put, horrible customer service!
    Yes of course errors occur.....but absolutely, as you say, lack of care or concern, or effort from Support is abysmal. It used to be as good as it gets. Not any more sadly.
    RESULT !!! It appears that allowing comments on the Shop page is the problem. Go to customise and disable them.

https://www.zenfolio.com/us/z/help/support-center#/customer/en/portal/articles/2645611-customizing-the-quick-shop-page
    I got a RESULT from support ! It appears that allowing comments on the Shop Page is preventing image population within Galleries when a thumb is clicked on. See here...

https://www.zenfolio.com/us/z/help/support-center#/customer/en/portal/articles/2645611-customizing-the-quick-shop-page
    I got a RESULT from support ! It appears that allowing comments on the Shop Page is preventing image population within Galleries when a thumb is clicked on. See here...

And I don’t even use the cart feature. The slowdown continues and I know they’re working really hard on trying to fix this once and for all but this is been over a month now and it’s been really slow for most of the time
  • Awesome! Thanks Barbara! I also just received word from support about disabling the comments on quick shop page! Thank you for sending the link.
  • I'm having the exact same issue tonight. Uploaded around 200 images to a gallery and like 30 of them are still blank with the spinning wheel. Very frustrating and annoying.
  • I've resorted to having to delete those images that aren't loading and reuploading those. That seemed to work, but I shouldn't have to waste so much time to get it to work.
    Workflow at a standstill. Agree
    Btw Jamie I looked at your website. You’re amazingly talented!!! Xxoo. Paige

photosbypaige.com
    I just uploaded a single image, 12mb, loaded very fast, but within a gallery, only the spinning wheel. I chose "replace image" in organiser on the offending file and it then populated within the gallery. IF you are uploading a lot, not an efficient method I know.