Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Download and sale options?

I am trying to figure out a few things here.

Can I allow site visitors do download the images for free?
if so, can I stipulate that if they download it for free, they are getting the watermarked version and an option of purchasing an image with either no watermark or a different watermark?

Comments

• Foques PhotoFoques Photo Member Posts: 47
    anyone?
  • AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi there!

You can allow site visitors to freely download the original files directly from the gallery. These original files will not have any Zenfolio applied watermarks. You can also allow for the free downloading of the display sized images that Zenfolio generates. The display size images do have the Zenfolio applied watermarks on them.

You are also able to sell digital products. The original file is used for these products, but can be restricted to a smaller size than originally uploaded. If you would like to sell digital products with watermarks, it would be best to upload the files with the watermarks already on them. This will also allow for all the images in a gallery to be freely downloaded at once with watermarks.

Please see the digital downloads FAQ for links to detailed instructions.

Please reach out to our Support Team here if you have any questions.
    that's kind of the opposite of what I am trying to achieve. I would like people to download low res versions for free, and pay for the high res.
  • I would like clarification on how the watermarks work. I have tried getting an answer from sending a message via the "Contact Us" link, but I get no response. Anyway, what I would like to clarify that is when I use the watermark feature on my site, any purchased product that a customer would make from my website will not contain the watermark. In other words, while a customer browses images on my site, the watermarks will show on each. But, if they purchase a print or a download, the watermarks will not be there. The images I upload do not have a watermark, but I will turn on a watermark in the interface. This is what I have been wanting for a long time, but didn't seem to exist until lately. Again, just wanting to clarify how this works. I just don't want anyone screen-capturing my work without the watermark, but want purchased products to not include the watermark. Thanks,

I would like clarification on how the watermarks work. I have tried getting an answer from sending a message via the "Contact Us" link, but I get no response. Anyway, what I would like to clarify that is when I use the watermark feature on my site, any purchased product that a customer would make from my website will not contain the watermark. In other words, while a customer browses images on my site, the watermarks will show on each. But, if they purchase a print or a download, the watermarks will not be there. The images I upload do not have a watermark, but I will turn on a watermark in the interface. This is what I have been wanting for a long time, but didn't seem to exist until lately. Again, just wanting to clarify how this works. I just don't want anyone screen-capturing my work without the watermark, but want purchased products to not include the watermark. Thanks,

it has been working this way for years.
  • I have tried this route: Put only low res water marked photo on my site for people to have for free. When they ordered a photo, since I use self fulfilled, I then sent them the non-marked, higher res file.

What have I learned? That people will often just accept the low res file for free and not want a decent one. I am in the process of totally rethinking the business angles...
  • Is there a way to allow for downloading of images in a gallery WITH the watermark? Right now I can do that through the app, but not online. Please clarify. Thanks.
  • AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi Alison,

Happy to help clarify!

The smaller display sized images are the ones that have the Zenfolio applied watermarks. Display images can be allowed to be downloaded by your site visitors from the Gallery Photos page or the Gallery Quick shop page on the desktop site.

To allow for this, the downloads option will need set to show in customize website view for these page types. Detailed instructions can be found here.

edited May 31
    sigh.. too bad still no proper solution.
    uploading low res files is not an option.. only a non-photographer would suggest this rubbish. :(
    i guess i'm stuck losing money.