Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Spinning dots in a circle - Images won't fully render in either my gallery view or the public view

This problem continues to happen on nearly every upload, no matter the size, and has been for months. The spinning dot circle thing shows on some images, while others load. The ones that "spin" in my logged-in gallery view aren't the same as those not showing on the public view for the same gallery. Waiting doesn't help. Only a full re-uploading of the images fixes this. ZF continues to deny this is a widespread issue.

Am I the only one this happens to? Please respond with your experience and if you have a fix, please share it.
Thanks.

Comments

• BlurRevision Media DesignBlurRevision Media Design Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2018
    nope. just happened with me as well. this is getting absolutely ridiculous. Zenfolio service just keeps getting worse and worse
  • ChessiePhotoChessiePhoto Member Posts: 7
    Same problem for over a month...look at site status. :>(

Update - While we continue to make improvements to upload speeds and monitor their impact, we are aware that some users have seen delays in image rendering as well. We are working on this as a top priority, and thank you for your continued patience.
    Nov 21, 14:12 PST
    Update - To resolve the residual upload issues some users are experiencing, our engineers continue to make additional enhancements in order to make uploads faster and more efficient. We will continue to monitor the impact of the improvements, and we will continue to be proactive in our approach.
    Nov 20, 12:45 PST
    Monitoring - Our engineers have taken a multi-directional approach to alleviating the recent upload issues via increasing server capacity as well as carefully balancing the load across our servers. Most users are uploading without issue, but we continue to watch performance closely, especially as demand increases Monday and Tuesday of this week. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Nov 19, 13:51 PST
    Investigating - While the fixes implemented by the engineers resolved many upload issues, there are still some users experiencing slow uploads and connection errors. We are working to identify the root cause of these remaining issues. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Nov 13, 11:24 PST
    Update - We have completed the brief scheduled maintenance, and are monitoring all systems. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Nov 6, 20:29 PST
    Update - We will be performing maintenance on Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 8pm PST to address the recent delays in image generation. At this time, some users may experience some images not loading in galleries, but they will will appear once the maintenance is complete. Thanks for your patience while we address the ongoing issue.
    Nov 6, 19:45 PST
    Update - Our teams have been working diligently to resolve any delays with uploads, downloads, and image generation. While temporary fixes were put in place, they did not fully resolve the delays. As our Engineers performed a deep dive into the issues, a root cause was identified, and they’ve been working to put in a permanent fix. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience as we work through to a full resolution.
    Nov 5, 10:05 PST
    Update - Our engineers made improvements to return upload speeds to normal on Friday, Oct. 26. However, some users are still reporting delays or stuck uploads. We are continuing to look into these and put in a place a permanent solution. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
    Oct 30, 07:08 PDT
    Monitoring - Our engineers have made the necessary improvements to return the upload speeds to normal. We will continue to monitor these to ensure that there are no residual issues
    Oct 26, 19:25 PDT
    Update - The downloads are now working correctly, apologies for the inconvenience. We are still addressing the slow upload issue and thank you for your continued patience This issue is still our top priority.
    Oct 26, 15:47 PDT
    Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue, and it is our top priority. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Oct 26, 13:57 PDT
    Investigating - We are looking into reports of users experiencing longer than normal upload times, and some users unable to complete downloads. Thank you for your patience.
  • zlatkozlatko Member Posts: 21
    Zenfolio seems to not be functioning today. A small upload of 125 photos took a very long time. Now those photos are taking forever to render. What is happening?!
  • Images not loading after uploading still happens to me (even today). Like you mentioned, reuploading those photos is the only way to fix it :(
  • Same thing here. Spinning wheels after uploading today. Evidently the statement about the issues being resolved is false. Get it together Zenfolio.
  • Yul InnYul Inn Member Posts: 1
    Same issue here. Usually gets stuck uploading last few images. After uploading, some images images render quickly, while others have the spinning wheel (seemingly endlessly)...
  • Photos by TomPhotos by Tom Member Posts: 1
    Just uploaded 30 images to a new gallery. Same issue. Most images can be viewed but others cannot be seen, just the spinning dots. Help.....
  • Joe BanksJoe Banks Member Posts: 1
    Same issue - had to delete the ones that were spinning and reload them. Even then, I had a couple that had to be reloaded again. Also having a problem with a few pictures loading duplicates - no idea how this could happen...
  • John KnopeJohn Knope Member Posts: 4
    Same here. A whopping 15 photos are too much to handle? This isn’t helping my image. Perhaps we should deduct the same percentage of our fees until the basics can be consistently delivered. I wonder how long to continue allowing clients to visit my site - and if that’s the case, why do I need you anymore? This NEEDS to be resolved now.
  • John KnopeJohn Knope Member Posts: 4
    Re-uploaded 15 images 3 different times. Best I can get is 10 of the 15 to show. Jesus. 1/3 of my pics aren’t going to work? How is this acceptable, especially after a month?
  • cphotocphoto San FranciscoMember Posts: 119
    Deleting and re-adding only put more load to their overloaded system, and makes things worse. The only way right now is to wait for a couple of days to have all images preview generated on the server :(
  • Seems like this has been going on for years.

I don't use the site too much, but each and every single time I do it takes 30 seconds to 5 minutes (and sometimes never) to load photos.

This has been going on for several years now.

Is there an easy way to download all my photos to move them to a different, reliable service?

• AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    Hi All,

We understand that these upload and rendering issues are not ideal at all, and we truly apologize for the inconvenience it has caused. In this peak season, it is normal to expect some delays during peak uploading times, but certainly not delays that span over multiple hours. We truly do understand the importance of being able to upload and display your images quickly, and we know that these delays have been difficult for everyone involved.

In regards to image rendering delays, it may help to simply just rotate the affected images. Just rotate once, and then rotate back again to the proper orientation. This usually helps force re-render those images and they should appear sooner.

We apologize for the trouble this has caused. Please reach out to our Support Team if you have any additional questions and concerns.
  • Bob GunduBob Gundu Member Posts: 1
    Rotating did not work for me. I usually have to upload a couple time. :(
  • Andy Weigl PhotographyAndy Weigl Photography Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2018
    It's still broken. Uploaded 50 small images yesterday, and it took nearly an hour to fully render. It is not reasonable to expect to have to wait an hour in order to send out a link to a customer who is waiting on images. It ties me up, and if I don't wait, I risk the images not being there for a client. Perhaps ZF should rethink the amount of processing it does on an upload, instead rendering multiple sizes on demand, or based on the gallery settings selected by the account owner at the time of upload. Whatever the solution, it is NOT rocket science. Please fix it.
  • Started happening for me two hours ago and still not a completed upload on a single 1mb file! Tried submitting a problem report and I couldn't even do that...
  • Happening to me all day. I'm so frustrated I'm thinking of cancelling and moving elsewhere. It's taking hours to upload anything and then half of them won't even load. Unacceptable.
  • Still happening for me with a gallery upload today. Now a handful won't render even with the "replace image" trick and workaround... So frustrating!
  • And still again today. Uploaded 25 images into a gallery. Still not fully loaded after an hour. ZF - are you listening?
  • realityreality Member Posts: 17
    No. Unfortunately ZF is not listening. This has being going on for months now. I really don't understand why they don't fix this. Very disappointing.
  • Karen Engel PhotographyKaren Engel Photography Member Posts: 43
    edited January 5
    This is ridiculous. I have a new gallery today with ONE image and it's doing this. Seriously? EDIT - after 1-2 hours - Deleting the one image and then uploading it again fixed the issue. Very strange though!

EDIT 2 - 1/5/19
    Another gallery upload today and the same old thing. Uploaded 166, 1200px proofs and nine of them are just spinning blank for the last 2 hours. I can't give the link to the client until these resolve. Huge delays are damaging our market perception as professionals.
    Post edited by Karen Engel Photography on
  • mkphoto13mkphoto13 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 11
    Uploaded this client gallery over an hour ago. Still waiting for images to load. Only seeing spinning circles. Our workflow has been greatly impacted in recent months by Zenfolio's slow/failed uploads, and image preview issues. If we send out a client gallery, client then e-mails us back complaining that some images aren't loading. In-turn, we bring this to Zenfolio's attention, whose response is always "we are working on the issue". In the end, we look like we run an incompetent studio in our clients' eyes.

Instead of being a "solutions" platform, Zenfolio has become a problem platform. I am beginning to document these issues, and wouldn't rule out the possibility of contesting our annual subscription fee with our credit card company for services not rendered. All while exploring alternative platforms that actually listen and address customer complaints instead of putting them on the backburner.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.32.29 PM.jpg
    2972 x 2426 - 637K
  • Andy Weigl PhotographyAndy Weigl Photography Member Posts: 15
    edited January 15
    ZENFOLIO - We need status on this issue. It's been going on for months and months. Your "fixes" and workarounds do NOT work reliably. It's costing us time. It just happened to me again in a couple of galleries, so I cannot deliver to my client. What is your plan??
  • mkphoto13mkphoto13 Member Posts: 5
    I sent another e-mail to their support. Another gallery (see screenshot) with missing thumbnails. Tried numerous browsers and cleared cache. It seems like Zenfolio has grown too large for its own infrastructure and the tech just can't keep up with all the workload.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 4.15.39 PM.jpg
    3311 x 1380 - 186K
    Same issue today, spinning wheels on half of my uploaded gallery (5 hours ago).
  • Same here today 1/24.

Seriously, what the heck is the matter with this process, ZF?? IT DOES NOT WORK RELIABLY.

OTHER USERS - is this happening to you too? I'm on a mac OS High Sierra / safari 12.03
    Uploaded a gallery of 41 pictures 2 hours ago, out of the 41 pictures 10 are not rendering and still show the spinning wheel of death. Unbelievable!!! It's just been 4 months now... Same behavior on my phone, windows and mac system, this is a server issue, does not have anything to do with us.
  • ruarkphotoruarkphoto Member Posts: 1
    This is unacceptable. I use this website to provide professional photography services. Between galleries hanging up mid-upload and the "spinning wheel of death" issue, it seems that perhaps I need to look elsewhere for a website service that meets my professional needs. I emailed a gallery link to a client today and had to send a new message that explains the "spinning wheel of death." Changing website services is as difficult as changing banks but it seems that there may be no alternative. Fix this, Zenfolio, or you are going to find you have a lot of defectors, including me. BTW, I have never left a negative comment or review for anything until I was strongly compelled to leave this comment. What is the explanation for your sub-par service, Zenfolio?
  • Same issue. I've been a Zenfolio customer since it's inception. I am currently researching other options. Took me 2 hours to upload 300 photos last night and then I get spinning wheel this morning? I can't send to the client like this. This issue is costing me time, money, and professionalism not to mention frustration.
  • Max PhotographyMax Photography Member Posts: 1
    Happening to me right now. Really annoying-ready to send a link to my clients and now I can't. I don't have time to go through and rotate 20% of my images to get them (possibly) rendered.