Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

loading issues

I am trying to place a photo order and when I choose the size print, it is stuck in an endless loading mode. I have tried deleting cache, private safari mode, chrome browser with clean history clear, etc. Nothing is working and no one is responding from Customer Service.

Comments

• Hi - whenever I upload a batch of jpegs (roughly 10 images each batch at 100-200kb per image or less), a few images always hang, making each upload stall for a while. I don't have time for this with large batches. Zenfolio has always kind of done this, but it's worse recently. What gives?
  • I'm following this as I haven't seen a response yet to your issues. I'm having the same problem. I attempted to upload a gallery of over 460 photos. It got about half way in and started hanging and wouldn't proceed. Did you ever get a response or find a solution?
  • Barbara JonesBarbara Jones Member Posts: 38
    Ditto, uploads hanging forever .
  • Me too. Has anyone had any comments from Zenfolio?
  • The only workaround I have found is to use the "stop upload" button on the upper right, and then hit restart. It takes forever and a day to get them to upload, and they still repeatedly hang up, requiring multiple start/stops.
  • Despite what the site status is reporting it looks like Zenfolio is still having major problems with their uploads. It has taken 3 hours to upload 500MB of low resolution images. Ran the Speed test and it shows 23Mbps upload based on their own test.

"Update - While majority of upload issues have been resolved, we are aware that a few users still experience slower than normal upload and download speeds. We will continue to improve and monitor the platform until uploads and downloads are as fast and efficient as possible. We thank you for your continued patience.
    Nov 26, 14:25 PST"

Opened a case, but never got an email confirmation so posting this here...

• jmaurophotojmaurophoto Member Posts: 1
    I hate to bitch and moan, but these problems have been going on for far too long! We collectively keep Zenfolio in business and we are not getting good service or value for the money that we spend. I am tired of the notes advising me/us that:

"Our engineers have been working extremely hard to find the cause of the issues and fix them... Our engineers are continuing to work extremely hard on this issue and creating a permanent fix so that uploading and image processing can go back to normal and will hopefully prevent any future issues like this from happening. I understand the immense amount of frustration and inconvenience that can come from this and I sincerely apologize... Thank you for your patience!"

I suggest that Zenfolio start looking for new engineers or they will be looking for new customers. My patience is wearing very thin, especially when it affects my clients. Fortunately that has not been the case lately. But slow uploads that end in errors requiring new uploads is getting very old. Apparently I am not alone in my experience or opinion.

This is the first time that I have spoken out publicly in the forum. I usually write to customer support and get excuses in return. If these issues are not resolved quickly, I will be thinking about alternatives, including legal. I truly hope not to go there. I have a lot of time and energy invested in my website and am reluctant to change, so I hope that we are getting the attention of Zenfolio. Apologies are appreciated, but in the end they do not make life any easier when we are trying to run a business using Zenfolio as our online store-front. I am all about giving credit where credit is due, but also calling someone out when they are not performing as promised, which is what Zenfolio is doing. We pay good money for this service and expect good service, not problems that affect us for months on end.
  • The best thing you can do is to look for another provider. I do not rely on Zenfolio as my main website for reasons just like this. 2019 will be different as I am in the process of migrating over 900k images to another source as a back up. I have been with Zenfolio since 2009 and ever since they sold out, its been downhill. Their "engineers" would not last 2 weeks in a real corporate environment as they are really incompetent. It appears they are figuring out things as they go and that is not good. When it works, it works great. When it doesn't its absolute hell. I am tired of hell....
  • Keep complaining. Complain through chat, and email every day. If no one complains, they dont see a problem.
  • Experiencing the same issue now for the past two hours... Just the spinning upload status graphic that never completes. This has been happening more and more frequently.
  • Yes it HAS been getting worse and worse. I repeatedly re-upload images.
    These are 179 kB images!!!
  • Have been looking into Squarespace and/or some other provider.
  • Zenfolio, this is RIDICULOUS! I have been a paying member for about 10 years now, and this entire year has been riddled with slow upload speeds, and thumbnails not fully generating. Here it is again....my last wedding of the year which needs to be delivered TODAY, and many of the images thumbnails are not loading in the gallery. I can see them in thumbnail and full version in my account, but not when I access the gallery as a customer would. This has now been tested on three different web browsers and 2 different computers.

At this point, you need to be offering refunds and heavy discounts to your customers if you wish to keep them. I for one will be looking into options as this has gone on for far too long without a real fix from you.
  • As much as I hate to say this, I completely agree. It’s very frustrating, especially when you’re delivering a wedding gallery. I sent the link today with zero inclination that anything was wrong with my website loading. It won’t load at all. So I have spent the night apologizing to clients for something I had no control over. Thankfully they’re understanding but working with people - not every person would be okay with this and the blame ultimately falls on us for putting our faith in Zenfolio to run our website as it is intended to be.
  • For the past two months or so I have been having extremely slow upload speeds even when the files are small KB this has never been an issue. Not to mention every single batch or collection never uploads all of the files I constantly have to reupload 10 or so because they just refuse to load. I have had to start sending clients WeTransfer for there finals and pay for that service because it often wont let me upload images and says " Connection to the server has been lost. Please wait for automatic retry or retry manually." Can we please get this fixed I really don't want to have to go to another service.
  • Have any of you seen improvements? See Zenfolio's updates here, at the bottom: https://forums.zenfolio.com/discussion/17175/experiencing-extremely-slow-uploads
  • I answered a question about slow uploads. This connection to server lost was another problem I had a few months ago. I switched from Microsoft's Edge browser to Chrome and all upload problems instantly went away.
  • Ronny, I saw your answer in another post as well. I use Firefox and have this issue. I don't even have Edge on my computer. So far as I am concerned, Zenfolio needs to address this issue regardless which browser we all use.
  • This is getting absolutely ridiculous that after MONTHS of Zenfolio saying "We're working on fixing this" I, along with many other paying customers, am still experiencing slow and unfinished photo uploads on a daily basis. When I go to upload a gallery of photos under 1 gigabyte, it sure as hell shouldn't take 45 minutes and I also shouldn't have to keep going back to the upload page to pause and unpause a hanging upload to get it started again every 5 minutes.

For the love of god, what could possibly be so difficult that it would take your "engineers" over a YEAR to figure these slow uploading issues out?? Unless, the answer is, you don't actually care about the user experience of your PAYING customers and take advantage of the fact that people's businesses hang on the line of your service. I'm so unbelievably tired of spending my whole day editing only to have to sit and twiddle my thumbs an extra hour at the end of the day waiting for a gallery to upload that should take 5 minutes or less.

Fire your engineers for incompetence and fix your service already. I'm at my wit's end with this nonsense and will absolutely be looking for a new photo business hosting service if this doesn't improve immediately.
  • YM PhotographyYM Photography Member Posts: 2
    Same thing happening here and now having issues downloading. Sigh.
  • mkphoto13mkphoto13 Member Posts: 5
    It's January. No updates from Zenfolio, just excuses. I mean for an established company like this they're really doing a lousy job. It's been four months now, and my uploads continue to hang half-way through. Regardless of which browser I use. The only remedy is to cancel the upload, re-start it, and then repeat about a dozen times. Then comes the job of going through the gallery and erasing all duplicate images.

A word of advise, Zenfolio - hire a tech company to figure this out, because you're clearly unable to do so with your incompetent in-house staff.

We are running on a 1Gbps fiber optic connection, and, as the screenshot below illustrates, my upload has been stuck on "1 sec remaining" for about an hour.

This is BEYOND absurd.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 10.12.03 AM.jpg
    2416 x 1306 - 251K
  • cphotocphoto San FranciscoMember Posts: 119
    It looks likes they are load balancing uploads on a set of servers, one or multiple servers ALWAYS slow down or hang the entire upload, and I have to stop and restart, every single time, like everyone else

I can't believe it's been 4 months and they are still unable to identify which server is creating the issue... It's actually mind blowing for a tech company not to be able to solve this kind of issue in a timely manner.
  • PhotojunkiexoPhotojunkiexo Member Posts: 1
    Experiencing the same issues. It's absurd!!! I'm considering going to another service. Especially after being told the problem will be resolved and over several months, I still have the same issues.
  • realityreality Member Posts: 17
    Month after month...slow,slow,slow. Apparently not enough people are complaining for them to care. I wouldn't expect a fix soon.
    edited January 11
    Since last night, going in edit mode and trying to add a new gallery or edit anything, I'm getting an endless "LOADING.." message on the right pane.

Anyone else seeing the same behavior? Right now I can't do anything and I have tone of photo session to upload.

Same behavior on both Safari and Chrome
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 11.40.09 AM.png
    1186 x 806 - 269K
  • Mine has been doing that all day too! So glad I'm not the only one, but really wish this would get fixed! I have a gallery I need to deliver today, and it's doing this when I try to get into the edit mode on any of my galleries! No idea what's going on...I logged in and out multiple times, restarted my computer, I'm new to this so I was wondering if I just wasn't getting something. Glad I'm not the only one but it is frustrating. Please update if you get it to work!
    I got it to work by switching to their new web interface, it should be a link on top of the page: "The new Photo Page is here. Try it now" In the meantime [email protected] got back to me an acknowledged there was an issue.
  • mkphoto13mkphoto13 Member Posts: 5
    All of my galleries are showing nothing but empty image frames. No thumbnails, no full size images. Just a spinning circle. I've tried three browsers, cleared the cache, and nada.
  • Same for us...clients are getting pissed...nothing get's better :(
  • Freddie BeckwithFreddie Beckwith Member Posts: 6
    Get out while you can. Zen sucks.