Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Why is my homepage not showing up on google?

Emily Eaton Emily Eaton Member Posts: 1

Why is my homepage or any bit of my account not showing up when I try to search my name on google? I’ve tried searching different keywords, but still nothing. I’m frustrated and i don’t know what to do to make my account visible for clients to see.

Answers

• AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi Emily!

In order for your site to appear in search results, the search engine needs to first find the site. This can be done more quickly by telling the search engines that your site exists by using Webmaster Tools.

Then they will crawl your site to provide indexed search results based on what they scan on your site. Many factors influence what results are then displayed from any search term. This entire process is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and requires many steps.

Please follow the detailed instructions in this support article to get started learning about SEO, setting up webmaster tools accounts with your Zenfolio pages, submitting a sitemap, and adding text to your pages.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team!
  • After you have followed Alex's advice, search for your site on Google using this phrase:

site:yourwebsite.com

If it doesn't show up, you for sure aren't indexed.
    Checkout my site and blog for photography tips, tricks, and ideas!
    Pennington Professional Photography