Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

I am tired of the spam in my guestbook

Since there does not seem to be any effort to fix this that I have found in the other comments, can you tell me how to just turn off my guestbook. It is not that important to me to have one, and I am sick of deleting spam constantly.

Comments

• AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi there!

I'm happy to help and sorry for any frustration!

One of the downsides to having a open area (where a viewer can add comments or reply) is that it opens itself up for spammers who have nothing better to do than to waste everyone’s time. Unfortunately, the only way to completely stop this is to disable the option to leave guestbook comments.

Alternatively, we offer comment and guestbook moderation so that any public comments must be approved by you before they are displayed on your site. While this can’t stop private messages from being sent to you it can at least stop them from being displayed to your clients visiting your site.

See steps to disable or control the Guestbook Entries and Comments here.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team!
  • A very easy fix would be to add a Captcha for someone to be able to post... but Zenfolio can't seem to get out of 2009 as far as functionality goes. In the meantime, enjoy the free ads for moving companies based in India!