Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Homepage photos look really soft

Hi there, I'm at www.DapperPhoto.com trying to get my ducks in a row but I keep getting hung up on the fact that the photos on my homepage look fuzzy as all get out.

I looked into resizing issues, I looked at the resolution I exported, I've checked around on the forums but it doesn't seem like there's a solution.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, curious how other people handled it.

Answers

• AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi!

Try setting these homepage photos to use the XXL display size so that they display at the largest possible size on the Photos page when the images are clicked.
    This is controlled in Access > Display Size. More on Access control here.
    Using the largest display size is reccomended when Image Scaling is selected. This setting is found in Customize Website view > Site Settings > General tab. More on image scaling here.
    Since the original images that are uploaded are never displayed on the site, a smaller resolution display image we generate will always be displayed. The largest possible size is the XXL at 1550x960. More on display images here.

I hope this helps! Please reach out to Support if you have further questions.
  • Justin Minns PhotographyJustin Minns Photography Member Posts: 102

Hi there, I'm at www.DapperPhoto.com trying to get my ducks in a row but I keep getting hung up on the fact that the photos on my homepage look fuzzy as all get out.

I looked into resizing issues, I looked at the resolution I exported, I've checked around on the forums but it doesn't seem like there's a solution.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, curious how other people handled it.

The problem is that, as Alex said, the largest size possible is 1550x960 so if, like many people you have a monitor with a decent resolution, your images will be upscaled and thus fuzzy... people have been asking for a solution to this for several years but Zenfolio don't seem to see it as a problem.