Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Non display of years old images

I can kinda understand newly uploaded images not being immediately available for display. I don't like it, but I can at least get my head around the idea of why the issue might exist.

My complaint is that I have galleries that are 5 years old, which had all sizes of the images generated years ago, that get the spinning waiting icon and sometimes NEVER get displayed.

Zenfolio confirmed that the images, once generated, remain on the system, as opposed to being generated on demand.

So where are they?
And where are the engineers who are "working on the issue" ?

I'm giving up, at least as a commerce platform. I have a pro account and I'm cropping back to the basic account.

Comments

• cphotocphoto San FranciscoMember Posts: 119
    Zenfolio confirmed that previously rendered images get removed from the system after a while, so when you access an older gallery, it falls under the same rendering issue as a brand new gallery...
  • Mike Wong PhotographyMike Wong Photography Member Posts: 10
    What?! So they get archived and they need to bring them back and thus the rendering problem??? Looks like someone didn't think over the architecture of their business model!

Did they tell you the definition of what "a while" is?
  • cphotocphoto San FranciscoMember Posts: 119
    No, they did not, but I had the problem for pictures taken in November 2018.
  • Mike Wong PhotographyMike Wong Photography Member Posts: 10
    Wow, that's not too long ago! Sounds like "six months". I would think it shoudl be longer than that!!!!