Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Upload issues...

Anyone else experiencing upload issues this evening 7pm HST? Uploads are slower than usual, and once they're done, all I see is that spinning graphic...

Comments

• Any one seeing poor upload speeds? I noticed it last night - guess would be about 40-50% longer. Tried everything on my end (router, modem) and speedtest not showing anything significant. But uploads to the Zen servers is taking a lot longer.

Kevin
  • Yes. Consistently slow of late. And uploads usually hang on the last file. Then once uploaded, I get spinning arrows on at least a one random image that never loads without being replaced. I'm on a 60MB/sec FIOS link, so it's not me. It's getting frustrating.....
  • Yes, speed poor. Just finished a 13MB upload, took 5 minutes. Always seems to hang up on the last 1 or 2 files too. Not a speed issue on my end, 90mbs FIOS here. I've only been on Zen for a week and a half, I hope it's not always this bad.
  • Motorsport in the UKMotorsport in the UK Member Posts: 39
    Just uploaded a gallery and it's painfully slow.
  • Yes, for the last week or so, I've had to babysit every upload because random images keep hanging during upload. I'm having to stop and restart each batch a dozen times or more. It's becoming unusable. Any ideas for remedies?
  • 2 hours for 357 MB upload is unacceptable. This would normally be less than 30 mins! Chat says upload during off peak hours. What are off peak hours for something global? Stupid response!
  • MarVal PhotographyMarVal Photography Member Posts: 1
    It has been painfully slow the last few weeks. It seems to hang on random photos. It is very frustrating.
  • Dewayne ChristensenDewayne Christensen Member Posts: 17
    Yep. Painful, almost.
  • Very slow, i have 300mb of connection ??, I transfer 15 mb and it takes more than 10 minutes, crapy service
  • JCDC PhotographyJCDC Photography Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    I have 1Gbps download and 45Mbps upload. I have verified that my PC is having no issues and have run speed tests on several different websites and all show good connection speeds, yet 10 photos is taking over 5 minutes to upload.

I am trying to upload client photos and it has taken all day and continues to have this issue.

I have:
    1. Sent an email on the "contact" page.
    2. Replied to problem forums.
    3. Reached out to zenfolio forum moderators
    4. Now this post
    5. Posted on Facebook

Can anyone from zenfolio please escalate?
    Note to others experiencing this issue - it seems the only way to hopefully get attention is if EVERYONE submits a new forum post and sends an email through the contact page... so everyone, please take all actions possible to get this addressed until Zenfolio acknowledges the problem.
  • Add Facebook to that list. Not sure they monitor this forum, at least not frequently.
    Oh yea, I posted on their facebook, too... they have it set to review, though, so it doesn't post right away. And they don't have a direct message on facebook.
  • Others and myself commented under their latest post. Those post right away without review. Zenfolio responded to each one.
  • This has come back big time - I intermittently after a file uploads or right before it does, not in the middle, i get a 'server connection lost message'. I get this on comcast or when I hot spot using Verizon. Any one else seeing this?
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    Hi All,

I am sorry to hear that you all have been seeing slower upload times than normal.

We have received reports of slow uploading recently and our engineers are currently monitoring our upload servers throughout each day to determine if they see any trends or possible causes for this. Our team is also implementing some critical improvements to help improve uploading speed, so please do know that it is very important to us that every upload performs efficiently and quickly for you all.

If you do experience slow uploads, please continue to contact our Support Team so that they may troubleshoot any possible causes for slowness.
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    I am sorry to hear that you all have been seeing slower upload times than normal.

We have received reports of slow uploading recently and our engineers are currently monitoring our upload servers throughout each day to determine if they see any trends or possible causes for this. Our team is also implementing some critical improvements to help improve uploading speed, so please do know that it is very important to us that every upload performs efficiently and quickly for you all.

If you do experience slow uploads, please continue to contact our Support Team so that they may troubleshoot any possible causes for slowness.
  • Is there any update on this? I had thought it was just my internet slowing down, but I see other people are affected too. It's a really busy time for me at the moment and this is starting to have a real affect on business as I have to factor this in or risk not delivering as quickly as I'd like.
  • I have not had a problem since June - and I am a heavy user (20-30K files at a time), so if there is an issue I will see it. But, I did start running the Photo Guru Backup SW, and although I was not happy with it to start - it is now my go to for uploading large number of files. When I see the issue, I typically run a speed check against zen and then another one to compare (but you probably know that).
  • Mondays are the worst. Slows way down on Mondays. Sundays seem to be ok. I have 300/300 fiber in Florida. A speedtest direct to zenfolio slows that to 25-30 up. Zenfolio has a very slow transfer speed. I too am a large file uploader, with 30-50K files at some times about 2 megs each in side. I can upload to FTP in India 10x faster than I can to Zenfolio. What should take a few hours takes 24-36 hours to complete. Support has told me time and time again they are working on it and adding servers. Havent seen any improvement to that yet. Wish there was a Mac version of Photoguru. Actually wish Zenfolio offered FTP uploading.
  • Sound like we do the same volume (mine are 5 meg each) - but I am limited to Comcast and 15 up. The good thing about Photo Guru is the files do not need to be on the windows machine. I pull them off a Mac over a gigabit connection and works well. I would love to have fibre - but living in Florida is too high a price ... lol :))
  • Very slow the last 2 weeks. I contacted my internet provider and all seems okay on their end. Uploading often stops with a 'connection lost to the server' message.
  • I'm having issues as well. I have random images show up as spinning circles and never load even after refreshing. I have tried deleting the entire gallery, deleting those images and reloading and nothing helps.
  • I hate this site because of these lock-ups at the end of loading. I spend so much time waiting on those last few files to load. It on Zenfolio's end, FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give you too much money to have these issues!!
  • paigepaige Member Posts: 38
    I have sent over 40 emails to zen complaining about this - what the hell?
  • zlatkozlatko Member Posts: 21
    Very, very slow right now. Uploaded, but can't see many of them.
  • Has anything been done to improve the servers? The uploading speeds are consistently slow and I'm looking for alternatives.
  • Also. Can someone explain why files upload to about the 95-99% mark and just sit there? 5 at a time just frozen. To where I have to stop the download of each to let the next on the line begin and then go back to essentially re-upload. Over and over until all the images are done.
    Dear curb appeal visuals - you are describing what I in fact have to do alot of the time - this is crazy
    right now what normally takes seconds is saying hours - what the heck is going on? And zenfolio isn't responding to my barrage of emails - this is so stressful.