Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Googling Myself Doesn't Show Homepage

Hi guys!

When I google myself, my homepage/landing page doesn't show up in the results. It only shows my "About" and "Wedding" page but not my www.xxx.com site. Is this something in Zenfolio that I'm doing wrong or with my Bluehost.com? How to do I fix this?

Comments

• AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi Mike!

So sorry to hear of the difficulty!

Looks like the top most All Photographs group is set to Private in Access. This adds a noindex tag to the homepage, and will exclude it from search results. Fix this by setting this group to Public in Group Access.

I also see that you have set your account to use an external homepage, but are pointing that to the same domain used as the custom domain associated with your Zenfolio account, which will cause a few other difficulties and probably doesn't help the SEO situation. Fix this here by selecting Zenfolio default home page.

After that you should use your webmaster accounts to request your pages are reindexed and submit a new sitemap. Detailed instructions on doing this can be found here.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team!