Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Still nothing being done to stop guestbook spam

and please don't tell me to limit my guestbook account to Zenfolio users only...what is the point of having this site and a guestbook option if I can't send my social media viewers over here and then they can't comment. I am just baffled that Zenfolio can ask for hundreds of dollars for an account and not protect its clients, it can't be that difficult to stop URL comments or set up a captcha ...So frustrated with this.

Comments

• AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi there!

So sorry to hear of the difficulty with all this spam!

One of the downsides to choosing to have an open area (where a viewer can add comments or reply) is that it opens itself up for spammers who have nothing better to do than to waste everyone’s time :(

We offer comment and guestbook moderation so that any public comments must be approved by you before they are displayed on your site. While this can’t stop private messages from being sent to you it can at least stop them from being displayed to your clients visiting your site. I see you are using this post moderation, so that all public posts must be approved before others can see them.

We have listened this request for a reCAPTCHA authentication, understand the need, and did try implementing it. Unfortunately, every change to our code has far reaching effects, and this particular addition was not a good fit with our system at this time. The engineering team is still looking into a possible authentication method, and this may be something that is implemented in future updates.

As far as strict automatic URL blocking, I see a post in your guestbook that you have allowed which includes URL's to pages that have shared your work with credit. This desired post would have been filtered if all URL's were blocked automatically. There really is not a simple one size fits all answer for automatic post filtering, so we leave the total control of what is displayed on your site up to you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the time needed to moderate these posts when choosing to allow a public guestbook on your pages.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Please reach out to our support team if you have any other questions.