Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

No more prints for european customers?

I've just received an email telling me that Zen will no longer have a partnership with photobox so I will not be able to offer prints to my european clients! No explanation, no mention of future plans and only 4 weeks notice - having used Zen for 10 years I am about to lose about 50% of my sales.

Anyone knows what's going on?

Comments

• Picture ExclusivePicture Exclusive Member Posts: 2
    I questioned it today, photobox made the decision apparently. The only option for UK sales is OVI (look for it in the price lists) - OVI prices are significantly higher which will increase my costs.
    For example:
    7x5” from photobox's 20p to 95p
    9x6” from photobox's 50p to £1.56
    Postage costs also are more from £2.30 to £3.50 for 8x12” prints.

If you raise prices to cover the increase costs, Zenfolio commission also increases. Its a Lose Lose. I'm now looking elsewhere for hosting. £300 a year, plus a load of commission has lost them my business.
  • Bonzer PhotosBonzer Photos Member Posts: 55
    I'm currently looking at picfair but have not been able to find anybody to give a customer review
  • Bonzer PhotosBonzer Photos Member Posts: 55
    edited August 21
    Unfortunately only a very limited no. of small print sizes are available from OVI for direct customer orders.

I queried this with zen and they expect me to self fulfill for the sizes not available! I cannot believe they expect my customers ( or me)to work this hard for a couple of small prints of different sizes, I know they'll just go elsewhere.

Its time to have a trial with picfair

• Picture ExclusivePicture Exclusive Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at theimagefile.com they have lots of print partners for automated printing, including photobox for cheap ones. They take NO commission, just link your PayPal for payment, then they charge you for the base print and postage costs.
    You obviously have the PayPal costs, which is a lot less than the 10% zenfolio steal. Same for downloads, you get all the money and the customer gets a download link once paid. They do a 14 day free trial, which I'll be doing very soon.