Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Coupons/Selling/Restrictions

I am still getting the hang of Zenfolio and I love all the options that it provides but I keep finding myself at a loss as to which way is the best way to offer services and discounts to my clients!

I have this coupon dilemma that I am trying to figure out the best way to handle each circumstance.
1) I offer discounts on print purchases with my wedding photography services if I only want my client (the married couple) to receive the XX% discount - how do I keep them from sharing the discount with friends/family?
2) I sometimes offer mini sessions that include a limited number of photos with options to purchase either additional printed or digital downloads - what is the most cost-effective for me/simple for client way to restrict their downloads?
3) I also offer options for a collection of prints with certain services - how do I make this collection free (since they already pay for it) for clients?

I see that I can limit the use on a coupon code - if I do that and set it to one time use is it one time use in general (so once one person uses it cannot be used again until reactivated ) or is it one time per person who views/makes a purchase from the gallery (the clients can share it and each person can use it one time)? If I set up a coupon to cover the price of a print package or # of downloads and I set it to say $20 if the coupon makes it free for the client will I still have to pay the service fee (particularly for digital downloads - figure it will for prints since its a physical product and someone needs to pay for it!)

Thanks so much in advance - also sorry if this is a silly question!

Comments

• AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    edited September 6
    Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out with your question, it is not silly at all, and I'm happy to help!

1) When creating the coupon, if you limit the Maximum number of uses to: 1, then the coupon code will only be available for a single use. A single use meaning that the code can only be redeemed in our system once, regardless of who uses it.
    More on creating coupons here.

2) A coupon restricted to only digital downloads would work for this. You would need to make a digital product with the min and max number of images set to the number of free images, and give instruction that this particular product is to be used for their included downloads and will be paid for with the coupon.
    More on creating Digital Products here.

Alternatively you could have them select the free download images as a favorites set from the full gallery, share that set with you, then you can easily make a new gallery from that favorites set, and allow free downloading of original images on that new gallery in Access settings.
    More on Favorites here.

3) This could be addressed by making a Package of specific products, and then providing a coupon code that only applies to Packages. This coupon could be further restricted to a particular gallery as well.
    More on creating Packages here.

The service fee is calculated on the price the client pays for an order. So if a coupon reduces the amount they actually pay to $0, then there will not be any service fee charged. If a vendor order is being reduced to $0, then your Zenfolio account balance will be debited for the base price of the products.
    More on how the Service Fee is calculated here.

I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions about this, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team directly!