Small slideshow updates: looping, loading animations

vitasvitas Member, Administrator Posts: 1,364

Responding to your feedback, we've just released a small updates to our slideshows:

• Slideshows can play in random order (my personal favorite)
  • Music soundtracks can be looped
  • You can select from 5 loading animation styles
  • Loading animation color for home page and embeddable slideshows can be changed when you use a custom theme
  • Default music volume is reduced by 30%
  • The embeddable slideshow configuration page remembers the last-used settings

Present your photos with style!

Comments

• vpasqvpasq Member Posts: 81
    Wow!!!!!!! This is fantastic and so much appreciated!!!!!  Thank you Zen for making it all EVEN BETTER!!!!
  • Jack QJack Q Member Posts: 73
    Yes! Nicely done!
  • warubozuwarubozu Member Posts: 67
    nice vitas!!! thank you very much!!!!

[quote user="Vitas [Zenfolio]"]
    Responding to your feedback, we've just released a small updates to our slideshows:

Slideshows can play in random order (my personal favorite)
    Music soundtracks can be looped
    You can select from 5 loading animation styles
    Loading animation color for home page and embeddable slideshows can be changed when you use a custom theme
    Default music volume is reduced by 30%

[/quote]

• iMaciMac Member Posts: 1,461
    This is great Vitas, thank you for the changes.
  • Martin_DMartin_D Member Posts: 126
    Great work!
    My Personnel Website - www.martins-photography.com
  • SeeOneSoulSeeOneSoul Member Posts: 125
    fabulous!
    much appreciated - thanks Vitas :)
  • skysiskysi Member Posts: 191
    Jolly good, mates [H]!
  • Sharkey-ImagesSharkey-Images Member Posts: 33
    Thank you so much for the quick attention to this matter !
  • mdkauffmannmdkauffmann Lebanon, ILMember Posts: 31
    WOOHOO!
  • ricktakagiricktakagi Member Posts: 23
    You guys are the best!
  • bkaatzbkaatz Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for these fantastic updates!  The random feature is huge.  Is there a way to have a slideshow start on a specific image (I start my slideshow with my company logo) and then randomize?  Right now I have to manually mix-up all the images in my slideshow folder and then set the company loge as the first and last image.
  • mtsphotographymtsphotography Member Posts: 2
    It just keeps getting better & better!  Love my Zen site [Y]
    Check mine out at www.mtsphotography.zenfolio.com
    I set up the slideshow with new options & music too!
  • christianjstewartchristianjstewart Member Posts: 25
    Awesome!  Next small tweak that will reap big rewards...please make it so we can feature groups/folders, not just individual galleries!
  • brianw1957brianw1957 Member Posts: 13
    Great update. Thanks again Zenfolio

• DMSDMS Member Posts: 33
    Very much appreciated.  These small tweaks really add to the aesthetic appeal of each person's site.  The more you can customize and differentiate, the better.
    Thanks!
  • onyonetonyonet Member Posts: 54
    Love the random. Now I can use my main gallery and the front page will never be the same thing twice. Brilliant idea!
    The animations are a nice tough too.
  • raybosleyraybosley Member Posts: 110
    Looping music and random pictures, WOW thanks guys.  Just in time for a Copper Dog 150 slideshow.
  • Tom HenkelTom Henkel Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the quick turnaround on the randomization.  That really helps.  Reordering things manually every few days was a pain.
    Any chance you might consider also adding the ability to randomize themed galleries for the home page slideshow at some point in the future?  By that I mean you could have several slideshow galleries/music combinations (e.g. one for architecture, portraits, etc.) and the gallery you would see when you hit the home page would be variable.
  • vitasvitas Member, Administrator Posts: 1,364
    You can use collections to assemble photos from multiple galleries into one viewing experience. Then you can select the collection to be used for the slideshow. The nice thing is that as soon as you add a photo into the collection, it will appear in the slideshow, so your home page slideshow can represent a variety of your work without the need to re-upload images.
  • kthompsonkthompson Member Posts: 2,473
    Vitas, Alex and all the staff really did an excellent job again!  And the extremely fast response to requests for modifications and additions like looping music, randomizing slideshow, etc...  awesome!  couple that with the fastest service response times and there is no other logical choice that I see. 
    I'm so glad that I went with Zenfolio three years ago when I first made the decision to start sharing photos! 
    Thanks so very much!
  • gnagelgnagel Orland Park, ILMember Posts: 103
    I appreciate these updates being implemented so quickly.  One thing that I wish would be considered is providing the option to keep the music playing while a viewer moves from the home page to other pages within the site.  With my site (for example), the music plays while the viewer is on my main page and while viewing the slideshow contained on that main page...but if the viewer clicks into a collection or other gallery, the music stops playing.  I see no way yet to add music to the collections unless the viewer elects to enter a slideshow.
  • kkhphotoskkhphotos Member Posts: 102

WOOHOO!
  • waveletwavelet Member Posts: 33
    Small but very nice update.
    Thanks,
  • CCGStudiosCCGStudios Member Posts: 105
    Sorry I'm late to this game, but I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that not having any default soundtrack (at the top or group levels) means that a group gallery with sub galleries does not "inherit" the soundtrack of the parent(s). It makes it a bit tedious to apply a song to one (or ten) or more sub galleries rather than just doing it once for the event/session.
    I like the slideshow features in general, to be sure. But the soundtrack flexibility should follow the theme of "save as default" as the other slideshow settings.

• bnileshbnilesh Member Posts: 30
    Hi,
    I am new member here & recently opened my Zenfolio website.
    I will like to have a feature of muting the music if a visitor wish to in such a way it remains muted unless enabled again. Now it starts again if home page is refreshed/reloaded. Is there any way to add such feature?
    Otherwise I will like to have a feature of setting sound level in page option so that everybody can set the default volume level to there preference.
    Regards,
    Nilesh
  • ayryqayryq Member Posts: 8
    The "random" option doesn't really work for me. It "randomly plays from the first couple dozen pictures in the collection and doesn't really get any farther. Someone messed up coding this function.
  • The music from slideshows doesn't play on mobile...big problem that needs fixed.
  • When is the slideshow feature going "HTML5" and dumping Flash ? I thought this was to happen end of January 16 ? Thanks
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,457
    Not until much later down the road. Suggest you listen to the most recent Town Hall Meeting.
  • intrnstintrnst Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Vitas

I was reading your post of 2010...
    (...)we've just released a small updates to our slideshows:

Slideshows can play in random order (my personal favorite)
    Music soundtracks can be looped
    You can select from 5 loading animation styles
    Loading animation color for home page and embeddable slideshows can be changed when you use a custom theme
    Default music volume is reduced by 30%
    The embeddable slideshow configuration page remembers the last-used settings

... and wondering when, in 2016, I could have some style back. Any thoughts?

Regards.
    Carlos