Home E-Commerce, Shopping Cart, Selling Your Work

Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

use a placeholder

Hi,

What do you mean by "use the placeholder" in the product editing page (self fulfilled) ?

All i can see is a grey box mockup, that doesn't make any sense at all ! (screenshot attached, since you guys will probably not understand what i mean...)

It would be great if we could actually use a place holder / mockup, say for instance, the photo of a wall in a nice appartment, with a place holder for the photo the client is interested in, to show at a specific size and ratio

Most modern photographers websites saling wall prints feature that nowadays. And i guess, in the future, visitors will even expect to be able to upload the view of their living room, in order to find out how the photo the're interested in will fit in the scene...

Thanks
placeholder.png
1920 x 905 - 79K

Comments

• AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 79
    In this case, placeholder means "use our generic thumbnail shown, instead of the custom image you upload instead." While dynamic shop page images are displayed for vendor fulfilled products, this is not a feature available for self fulfilled products currently.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I can certainly see where that would be helpful. I will pass this feature request along for consideration on future updates to help improve our product and service for all our customers.
  • langlaislanglais Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2019
    Hi Alex, not exactly true, i'm afraid :

Actually, this placeholder DOES show in the checkout pages for self fulfilled products, but on mobile only...

When you guys will decide on seriously tidy things up in the shopping cart pages and their numerous menus and links plus everything else that is just terribly CONFUSING ?!