Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Shipping estimate

langlaislanglais Posts: 68Member
Hi there,

On my shopping cart, in the middle of a bunch of other useless buttons and menus (shopping cart is WAY too complicated) is a field inviting my visitor / potential client to estimate the shipping costs

To my great surprise, when i try entering an address in my country (France), it shows "FREE"

Just like i was going to offer shipping, when i have set appropriate shipping rates, and they are not equal to zero

ZF support says : "This data comes directly from Google so it is not something we are able to change on our end"

So where can i unplug this feature ?!

Where on earth can i remove this setting that's going to bug my visitor and make him turn away from my site where it somewhere says shipping is free, when it's not ?!
Post edited by langlais on

Comments

• AlexZenAlexZen Posts: 78Administrator
    edited November 2019
    There is not a setting to hide the shipping estimator box on the shopping cart. You are seeing free because one of your self fulfilled shipping methods for this product is to pick up which is free. The estimator uses the least expensive shipping method to display the estimate. Hopefully clients will see the word estimate and realize this is not the actual amount to be paid considering they have not yet actually chosen a shipping method at this point in the checkout process.
    free.png
    1011 x 134 - 29K
  • langlaislanglais Posts: 68Member
    Hi Alex, I'm afraid this is not true : The shipping category where this free shipping method belonged was not attached to the products offerd on my site

I had no other choice but deleting this shipping method, since shipping estimate feature could not be deactivated

When will you guys serioulsy take into account how atrocious the "new shopping experience" really is for us, and hence for our clients ?